Cal Poly

International Scholars

The Cal Poly International Students and Scholars staff are here to assist visiting faculty and scholars with obtaining the appropriate documents to apply for J-1 exchange visitor visas and offer assistance with maintaining visa status and adjusting to life at Cal Poly and in the United States. The Employment Equity Office can assist departments with hiring faculty requiring other types of visas.

For a listing of all visa types and their employment eligibility in the USA see this Chart of Non-Immigrant Categories.

Cal Poly International Center can assist in determining the best visa type for international visitors to Cal Poly. To do this, we ask that the Cal Poly sponsor or contact for the visitor complete the International Visitor Form.

The Exchange Visitor Program, administered by the U.S. Department of State, is used to bring to the United States students, trainees, teachers, professors, and other international visitors. Cal Poly is currently authorized to sponsor students, professors, research scholars, short-term scholars, and student interns. The Exchange Visitor Program is designed to foster educational and cultural exchange and international understanding.

Please review all of the information on this site, and contact Judy Mitchell or Susan Tripp if you have further questions.

© 2015 California Polytechnic State University Cal Poly International Center
Building 52, Room E32
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407
Phone: (805) 756-1477
Fax: (805) 756-5484